RE: ORA-00230 during RMAN backup

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:34:51 -0400

Although we have seen increased CPU time for compressed backup sets, it
has not been a problem, and the reduced file sizes are worth the
expense.  My testing shows that overall RMAN compression seems similar
to a gzip -6 on the same files.  Most of these backups occur on systems
with 4 or more CPU's, so the extra cpu time is not an issue, especially
for off-hours backups.