ORA-00018

  • From: "Burton, Laura" <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:24:04 -0600

Receiving the following error when using oradim to shutdown a database:

DIM-00018: Failed to stop Oracle Service
O/S-Error:  (OS 1051> A stop control has been sent to a service which
other running services are dependent on.

This is Oracle 9.2 database on NT4.0.  I've reviewed postings on
Metalink but no answers were found.

Anyone have an idea of something to try?  I have stopped the services
through the control panel and stopped the application which references
the database.  I don't find anything in the alert log.  There is a trace
log but that is like reading brail when you've never had too.

Thanks,=20
Laura