ORA 12560 : TNS protocol adaptor error

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:15:23 +0300

Hi List,

I am really getting crazy about this error. The story is, one of our remote
user wants to connect to one of our NT server that has oracle 8.1.7.4, and
whenever he is trying to connect, he is getting the above said error. The
strange thing is, when I ask him to connect to my UNIX block box that has
oracle 8.1.7.4, he is able to connect without above said error. Only when he is
trying to connect to win2k server, he is getting the above said error. His OS
is windows 2003.

Any opinions and comments in this regard is highly appreciated. Its urgent
please.

Rgds
Jaffar