OPatch question

  • From: "Lyall Barbour" <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:03:56 -0500

Hey everyone,

  So, i'm trying to install the CPU July patch on a 10.2.0.4 Oracle Home for
Grid.  It said to install OPatch version 10.2.0.4.4 or higher, so i download
p688... whatever patch from Metalink.  When i try to use the OPatch from my
patch directory (opatch napply) i get this:

Invoking utility "napply"
Failed to load the patch object.  Possible causes are:
  The specified path is not an interim Patch shiphome
  Meta-data files are missing from the patch area
  Patch location = /home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs
  Details = PatchObject constructor: Input file
"/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/actions" or
"/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/inventory" does not exist.
NApply could not load patch from location '/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs'
UtilSession failed: PatchObject constructor: Input file
"/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/actions" or
"/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/inventory" does not exist.
OPatch failed with error code 73

I've been looking through the 'net and Metalink all morning... I thought i
found something on Metalink about "corrupted" patch when you download it, so
re-download, but i got the same error...
This is on Unbreakable Linux server, Oracle 10.2.0.5 OMS home and Agent home
10.2.0.1 DB home.

TIA, Lyall

--
How Strong is Your Score?