Re: OPTIMIZER MODE

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lambu999@xxxxxxxxx" <lambu999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 06:28:47 -0500

I'm not sure what the sources are that recommend against first_rows but it
becomes an it depends questions . Personally we run applications where we have
first_rows_100 for our OLTP operations with various mechanism converting the
optimizer to various parameters like all_rows based on job type . Technically
the choose setting was supposed to perform that but I guess it was never
successful. If the app is vendor supported and the vendor recommends it and you
have no in house customization that might be impacted due to the change then
the vendor knows best

Fuad