Re: OPT_PARAM

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:07:25 +0100

Hi

The code wasnt really complicated.

It's SQL such as this one:

select ....
from t1
where c1 in (select v1.c2 from v1
                    where v1.c3 in (select .......... from v2 minus select
.......... from v3))

When I changed the code to

select ....
from t,
(select v1.c2 from v1
  where v1.c2 in (select .......... from v2 minus select .......... from
v3)) t2
where t1.c1 = t2.c2

We got the performance back!

Seems it doesnt like nested subqueries because we there were 4 queries such
as this with same problem

Thanks

--
LSC