Re: OOW 2013

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: saad4u@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:10:43 +0200

Hi Saad,

generally the User Groups Forum across the street in the big corner
building (where registration is in the ground floor) is high-quality,
and I'd always recommend to have a look at the IOUG booth there.

Don't know where the support area is this time, but it was great to stop
over and chat with support engineers - it's promoting understanding, and
who never complained about My Oracle Support? :)

In the exhibition area, choose a quiet time and go to the Oracle area -
they usually have booths for their major products, and usually the
Product managers are joinig the booth staff from time to time. Great
thing to talk about concepts - and sometimes they will pick up customer
impressions.

Otherwise, the conference programme is the way of choice, I'd go to Tom
Kyte presentations if they cover your topics. Also, presentations done
by product managers are technical and quite free of marketing bullshit.

Don't forget to go to OakTable world in the Children's Creativity
Museum. It's free and you can hear stuff they can't say within Oracle's
walls. They started a registration system this year, don't know if there
are still free seats.

Hope you enjoy your time, I can't be there this year myself.

Best regards
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Oracle and Linux