Re: OMS and Repository Preferences

  • From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:36:59 -0700 (PDT)

Since without EM, we DBA's are often in the dark, I appreciate the proposal of
RAC for the environment, but doesn't this kill the free licensing option that
many companies take advantage of to keep costs down?  I would prefer to use my
EM monitoring and alert script vs. having to go to my manager and explain to
him that I need more budget for licensing costs!  Correct me if RAC is free for
EM, but I see no documentation saying otherwise.
Thanks!

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec