Re: OMS Down, the reason?

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx" <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:44:43 +0100

On 01/12/2012 12:09 PM, mek s wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> We see the DB console down and looking into the emoms.trc file below errors
> intermittently in our Oracle 11gR2 RAC (2 node) production database (Redhat
> Linux 5):
> *
> *
> * [XMLLoader0] ERROR eml.XMLLoader run.1258 - Fatal error during Loader
> initialization. Shutting down OMS: ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect
> internal only, until freed.*
> *
> *
> *java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00257: archiver error. Connect internal only,
> until freed.*
>

> I would like to know why OMS is down? Why the ORA-00257 error causes the
> OMS to be down?
>
> Thank you,

> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

There seems to be something wrong with the archival of your redo log
files. When you are in archive mode (which apparently you are) Oracle
blocks and throws errors when it is done filling up a redo log file and
needs switching to another redo log file that hasn't been archived yet.
It isn't specific to OMS or any application, just basic database core
behaviour and the fact that overwriting an unarchived redo log *might*
mean losing transactions if you ever have to restore.

Hope that helps.

--
Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>