RE: OID vs Oracle Names Server vs TNSNAMES.ORA vs MAD

  • To: <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:53:33 -0500

Dick, do you have documentation for installing 10g OID?  I posted
//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2005/msg00156.html three
weeks ago, but got no hits.

The only reason I need to get OID running is that while OpenLDAP does
work (we tested using SunOne) for Oracle names resolution, it is not
supported by Oracle.  Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

Sorry for being late on the thread, but I was out for a few weeks...

Thx!
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA