RE: OID Odyssey

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:48:05 -0500

Hi Adar,

You can certainly put the name of the LDAP directory servers into the
the ldap.ora file.  That works correctly, and I have no problem with it.
That makes the location of the directory server static.  However, you're
also supposed to be able to put the directory server into an SRV record
in the DNS server, and have the client dynamically look it up there.
This is what's not working for me.

The details of what I'm trying to do are here:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_12/idmanage.1012/b14082/s
erver.htm#sthref896

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."