Re: OEMGC and Standard Edition?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:04:10 -0500 (CDT)

> Anyone else wish Oracle sales reps would STOP pushing OEM so much?

Yup.  The "Upgrading to 11gR2 Best Practices" session at Collaborate
should've been named "Upgrading to 11gR2 Best Purchases" instead.   [sigh]

I like the idea of the way GC/OEM graphically displays current activity (the
expensive "Performance" tab).  As a solo DBA, it allows me to glance at it
during the day for a 1-second update on the past hour of activity, plus the
ability to (somewhat) easily hand off to someone else temporarily for a
week.

I just have issues with the implementation and pricing.

Rich