RE: OEMGC and Standard Edition?

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:27:32 -0400

Just one more thing I'll throw in there - for those folks who have problems
watching lots of log files, generated emails, etc., I highly encourage them to
look into Splunk (http://www.splunk.com) - it's a commercial tool with a free
edition that basically aggregates all your logs, events, trace files, etc. and
makes them available for search and analysis.  It takes a little tweaking to
make it work right, but it's really useful for digging through the loads of
event data that gets created in a normal IT environment.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito