RE: OEMGC and Standard Edition?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 14:29:07 -0500 (CDT)

> I can't stand receiving emails that say "I'm OK", where I prefer to have a
> second script on another server checking my script server to verify
> everything is running, etc, etc..

Homer:    Now, here's my "Everything's O.K." alarm!
          [Homer flips a switch the device, and it begins to emit a
          high pitched, incredibly loud beep.  The rest of the Simpsons
          cover their ears as Homer speaks up]
Homer:    This will sound every three seconds, unless something isn't okay!
Marge:    Turn it off, Homer!
Homer:    It can't be turned off!  [alarm fizzles out]  But it, uh,
          does break easily.

I have a few of these that go off multiple times per day because Oracle
Support says to ignore them until the next version fixes it.  And that
version has new ones to get use to instead.

GC Agent checking Apache generates 15-30 errors per day and it can't be
disabled.  RMAN metadata backups generate a string of 11 errors.  Etc.

I'd offer MOS articles for the above, but the content of the SRs I opened
for the above is only available by request...

Rich