RE: ** OEM : not able to open database

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>, <ajoshi9777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:35:42 -0400

Joshi,

Is your OEM install in the same directory(Oracle Home) as your 9i
client?  If not, check to make sure that your network/admin/sqlnet.ora,
tnsnames.ora files are correct in the Oem Oracle Home.  You can also
debug this better using tnsping from a dos prompt.  Again, make sure
that you are running it from the correct Oracle home.  It sounds like a
simple tns connect issue.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.