Re: ** OEM : not able to open database

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx, ajoshi9777@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Jared,
     Thanks. I agree that OEM is avoidable most times. However it is useful at
times for some info and screens. So I am still looking for an solution for this
strange behaviour. Thanks

Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On 8/12/06, A Joshi <ajoshi9777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hi,
  In OEM : after I click on a database, it displays database connect
information window with username/password. After entering username password
I click on OK but it does not do anything. I can connect from sqlplus. This
is XP, oracle 9i, OEM version 9. Can someone help? I installed oracle again
but that did not help.  Thanks

I think you will a lot folks here that eschew the use of OEM, and simply
use methods that work.  eg. sqlplus

--
Jared Still

Why keep checking for Mail? The all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta shows you when there
are new messages.