OEM and SNMP

  • From: "Haroon A. Qureshi" <haroon_a_qureshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:42:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully configure OEM to send SNMP messages to a
third-party application, such as CompuWare?  We are trying to configure it to
do so and having a difficult time doing so.

On the OEM (unix/solaris) server, do we need the snmpd service running?  Even
with it down, the OEM test always returns as being successful, which leads one
to believe that OEM is using some other method to send the messages.  Or is the
snmpd daemon only for receiving traps for OEM?

Any help in this configuration is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haroon