OEM Cloud Control 12c Groups

  • From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:58:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hello All,
I am fairly new to Oracle Enterprise Manager whether that is 10g/11g or 12c.
We have recently deployed OEM 12c CC 12.1.0.3 on Linux and was wondering how
other people manage their database estate using OEM.
Due to the difficulty in identifying a long list  targets within CloudControl
with the host naming conventions in use, we need to split theenvironments into
logical groups, DEV, QA1, QA2, PT, Prod Mirror,  DBA etc. I know this is
possible within OEM - but what is the difference between a 'Normal Group' and a
'Adminstration Group' .
I guess what I am after is a general how do people manage hundreds possibly
thousands of targets in OEM and to quickly identify to what a particular
environment that target belongs to?
TIA.
Zabair