ODP.NET Driver versus DataDirect

  • From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:28:13 -0600

Hi.

We are trying to weigh pros and cons between using Oracle's ODP.Net provider and DataDirect's 100% Managed equivilents. I've read DD's spec sheet and have a pretty good understanding of how they might better than Oracle's driver but wanted to get some first-hand input from folks who looked at both or possibly made the switch and why. I'm especially interested in comparisons or stories around performance, robustness, stability and/or stacking as I'm hearing that Oracle's ODP.NET driver is quite horrible in these areas.

Thanks.

--Roby