Re: ODA Books

  • From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:19:54 +0000

?We got our first two ODAs (X4s) a year ago. Now we're going to buy two more
and they'll be the new X5s. We love our X4s, but had a problem applying the
12.1.2.2.0 patch - going from 2.10. Still waiting resolution on that. Nothing
we really need but it fixes some vulnerabilities that bug our WAN folks.

We never got a book, just read all the Oracle ODA-related docs. We had Oracle
techs do the initial install and will do the same for the new X5s. If you're
new to ODAs, I'd sure recommend that. It's hard to find ODA-specific info., MOS
docs, etc., but we're managing to muddle through.

I'm a bit concerned about the thread on this list regarding database files on
ACFS. We'll have to see how that works out. We really like ASM.

----
Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)