OCP Question

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:57:30 -0500

Listers -

I took the Oracle 10g OCP exam and one question in the exam was something I
have not come across in several years working with Oracle.  I searched google,
but only found someone has had this happen, but they didn't understand why - it
was during a database cloning process.

It went something like - You rebuild your controlfile and open your database
and discover several datafiles have been renamed to /somepath/MISSING#####
(where ##### is a 5-digit number).

What might that signify?
A. Those are corrupt files?
B. Those are read-only tablespace files?
C. .....
D. .....
E. .....

I don't remember the five choices, but does anyone know why Oracle would rename
datafiles to .....MISSING#####.

Thanks
Bill--