Re: OCP DBA question?

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx, DEVA@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:37:38 +0000

its not worth the cost of an oracle course to get certified. I am certified and
it has little to no value. if you just want to learn the information and prove
that you know it, then study for the tests.
From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>

OCA doesn't have any pre-requisits. Without attending any OU course, one can
sit for OCA.
In order to complete OCP, one need to provide the pre-requisit course
attendance details before.

2. Does a online course/CBT perhaps qualify as a hands on?
This need to cross check with the prerequisits. Or probably sending an email to
ocp exam team would be good idea.

On 2/28/07, Denham Eva <DEVA@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
This email is subject to Terms and Conditions as found in our Email Legal
Notice which forms part of this email message in terms of section 11 of the
Electronic Communications and Transaction Act 25 of 2002.    Please click on
http://www.mf.co.za/content/EMAIL_Legal_Notice.asp , or send a blank email to
disclaim@xxxxxxxx . By receiving, reading or acting upon this email you will
automatically be bound by the terms of the  Email Legal Notice.
Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited
Authorised Financial Services Provider

Hello,

I have been wanting to do my certification for awhile but as a contractor it
means having to loose income and paying ZAR12000 which equates to a huge chunk
of finance in South Africa.
My question is this:
1. Can I write the exams and do the required hands on course at the end or is
it a requirement for doing at the begining of the certification.
2. Does a online course/CBT perhaps qualify as a hands on? (As time is a
problem - always :-) Lets face it passing the exam is the point is it not?
Rather than warming an Oracle University seat?

TIA
Regards
denham

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."