RE: *** OCM Preparation ***

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:16:32 -0500

Thomas
   I can see this guy is now the envy of his fellow instructors :). After
all, if Oracle instructors are the real experts and you are paying the big
bucks to be trained by the best, shouldn't they all be OCM's? My experience
has been that Oracle puts a lot of competitive pressures on their
instructors. Those evaluation sheets are treated VERY seriously.
   Just so everyone knows that doesn't reflect my opinion, I have been a
lifelong student and sometimes teacher. I feel it is false to believe you
can only learn from somebody that is smarter or has better credentials than
you. That is one-dimensional thinking. I feel that everyone can teach you
something if you only open your ears to listen. The professor I learned the
most from in college was the one that didn't have his Ph.D..

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx