Re: OCFS2 certified with EL 6 (RH or Oracle) ?

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:03:48 +0000

Last I heard, Oracle were saying something like, they are not going to
do the work for RHEL to maintain OCFS2 and ASMLib against the RHEL
kernel anymore. SUSE already do this job themselves, so why should
Oracle continue to do it for Red Hat? The source is available for RHEL
to do it themselves, and by all accounts it is not a big task, so it's
really down to RHEL whether that want their customers to have access
to OCFS2 and ASMLib. It's not the big-bad-Oracle pulling the plug. If
SUSE can do it, which they do, is really a big problem for RHEL?

Of course, we should all assume it is a big conspiracy. It's more fun
that way. :)

Cheers

Tim...