OCFS Filesystem being "wierd"

  • From: Chris Dunscombe <chris.dunscombe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:16:36 +0100

Hi,

I've got an OCFS filesystem that is behaving very strangely with RMAN backups:

1. Sometimes the same file appears many times when doing a dir. (Same name, file
size, date stamp etc), but sometimes it doesn't.

2. Get strange access denied errors when trying to copy/move files but it works
OK when you retry the operation.

3. The space used shown via PROPERTIES on the mounted drive is much greater
(230GB vs 120GB) than the actual total of all the individual file sizes. I.e
the free space shown is much smaller than it should be.

Anyone got any ideas, I've tried google and searching metalink without much luck
and will log an SR shortly as well, but thought someone on this list might be
able to help.

OS: Windows 2K3 Server 64 bit
OCFS: 10.2.0.3
Oracle: 10.2.0.2 (Can't patch higher as it's SAP)

Thanks very much,

Chris

Chris Dunscombe

Christallize Ltd