RE: OC4J Process Architecture

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: "Leslie Tierstein" <Leslie.Tierstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:04:23 +0300

Tank you for responce,

Unfortunately I already have book you mention  (9i JDeveloper Handbook) ;(
There a little bit more information, but not so match, as I would like to
;(.
As I wrote, I will be indefinitely happy if it will be the information
about OC4J like about RDBMS.
Cary Millsap and others Oracle experts have written excellent books about
Oracle wait interface and how to face performance issues. Unfortunately as
far as I know, there no possibility to use R-Method or other response-time
based performance-tuning method without written own code for debugging
purposes.
I am just DBA and you know, I have no big expense with Java programming.
At the moment it looks like the good OC4J administrator will be Java top
developer who perfectly know Java world. ;(

By my expense Looks like traditional DBA is unpowerful in many OC4J
performance tuning situations.

Jurijs
9268222
http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

"Leslie Tierstein" <Leslie.Tierstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
14.06.2004 16:14

        To:     <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:     <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        RE: OC4J Process Architecture

The tinyurl included points to the 9i JDeveloper Handbook, which is for
the
last version of the product. The JDeveloper 10g Handbook is also listed on
Amazon, but isn't published yet. The publication date is early this fall,
say, September.

However, the 10g book doesn't contain much information about the internals
of OC4J. (I'm one of the technical editors.) But the authors, I know, have
encountered similar problems. You might try contacting Paul Dorsey
directly
(see his company's web site at http://www.dulcian.com) with specific
questions. He is usually more than willing to offer advice.

There is another book on Amazon about JDeveloper:
Oracle JDeveloper 10G: Empowering J2EE Development

One of the co-authors is Roel Stallman, who is the major Oracle evangelist
(that may be his official job title) for JDeveloper. This book may contain
more on the internals and architecture, although I haven't looked at it.

Leslie
Leslie Tierstein
Senior Consultant
Vision Chain, Inc.
The first software to power the demand data network
phone: 202-261-3549