Re: OAS report server sometimes does not create reports

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DimitreRadoulov <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:58:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dimitre,

Sorry for getting my report server version wrong. It's 10.1.2.3.0.

I've been running with report server and engine trace on:
<trace traceOpts="trace_all"/>
for a few weeks. We only have less than 20 reports created on each report
server every day. So the overhead of that is negligible. Unfortunately, even
though the logs have some useful information e.g. java Exception stack and I
suppose trace_all includes TRACE_PLS (thanks for bringing to my attention Note
237301.1), grep -i PKG_ACC_DATA or ORA-004020 does not appear in any log. I can
see the report java process writes the deadlock info to a pipe, the read side
of which is its parent, rwserver. It's not written to any file. Anyway, I don't
know what to do with this deadlock that exists inside the reports engine only.
Killing the process is a workaround.

Yong Huang