Re: OAS report server sometimes does not create reports

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 20:31:57 +0200

On 07/09/2012 19:39, Yong Huang wrote:
> Resend:
>
> Indeed, the PL/SQL engine can be in Oracle forms or reports. I wish
> it offered something equivalent to dba_* and v$* views, an easy way
> to monitor its working mechanism.
>
> For now, I'll write a cron job (in addition to another one that
> creates a dummy report) to run strace on all report server processes.
> If the output has strings like ORA-4020 or deadlock, it emails me.

Hi Yong,
you mentioned Oracle Application Server 10.1.0.3 but I suppose you mean
10.1.3.
The following MOS Note could be helpful:

Logging and Tracing in Reports 9.0.x / 10.1.2.x [ID 237301.1]

I suppose that some of the settings provided in that document are valid
for 10.1.3 as well.
(there is another MOS Note but it's for 11g: Note:856664.1 Logging and
Tracing in Reports 11g. A Quick Reference Guide).

Best regards
Dimitre