RE: Number of Columns in a Table & SQL Performance ?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:49:20 -0400

While I do not love working with tables that have 200 plus columns we
have several and the tables are fully normalized.  The number of
attributes depends on what is being modeled and is in itself not an
indication of the degree of normalization present in the design.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148