Re: Non-Sql data extraction (recovery tools)

  • From: John Smith <john40855@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:24:10 -0500

Not to give you a hard time, but this is the last item I have to try.  I
have already tried dbms_repair, it gives object no longer available, which
makes me suspicious that I have data dictionary corruption. I ran dbverify,
it found many corrupted blocks, so the last thing I can try is reading the
data files directory.   Select give either an ora-600 or object
unavailable.  The database is open, but I get errors whenever I try to read
some tables, so I am hoping to extract any data that is available in those
tables.