RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: time stamps with Data Guard

  • From: "Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION OPERATIONS" <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:17:18 +0000

Excellent. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 9:15 AM
To: Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION OPERATIONS
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: time stamps with Data Guard

If you set the time zone of the standby server at the os level to match the
time zone of the primary server at the os level, then there wont be a problem.
Also, check the exact data type you are storing. If you are storing time stamp
with time zone, you dont have a problem to begin with.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION
OPERATIONS <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So, if I change the time zone of the standby, then (when we switchover)
if we look at sysdate if won't be the same as the O/S time? Oracle will
convert it over to whichever time zone I set it to?