Re: Node 2 went down in a 2 node RAC cluster .. need to bring up 2nd node

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:31:15 -0400

There's an init script that "starts" ocfs2 by loading a kernel module.  You
have to start this before mounting the folders.

Second, mount all of your OCFS mountpoints.  Doesn't sound like you're using
ASM but if you were then you'd need to start that to.

Third, make sure that clusterware is running.  You can check this with
"$ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crsctl check crs"

Forth, start the database instance with srvctl.  "srvctl start instance -d

That's the quick how-to...  does it help at all?  (I'm skipping a lot of
detail...)

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider