RE: New form of sql injection hack documented

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:21:59 -0400

I'm quite sure that David catches a lot of hate mail about his papers,
probably from the hackers out there.  But one very smart person in my
life once said that the only "safe" database is one that has nothing in
it, which is still true today.  The one item that I take from all of
David's findings is that we should never look at code as doing what we
intended it to do, put as what could someone else make it do.  I know a
lot of people think that hackers are all outside the firewall which is
false.  The greatest threat to your database is the person in the cube
next to you who has access to it.

I believe that David is a member of the list & consequently thank him
for the revelations.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience