RE: New dba questions to the former dba?

  • From: Alex <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:21:14 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who responed. Your input helps a lot!

DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex - Here is something that worked well for me. I took at tape recorder
and when we got down to "the" discussion, I pulled out the recorder and
asked permission to record the conversation. That night, between my notes
and the recording I was able to put together a document with a wealth of
details that I needed. The next day I asked him to review the document and
provide any corrections. Worked great. Then he left and I lived from that
document for the next month while I got on my feet. I never needed to phone
him.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.