New Oracle Press Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery book is coming!!

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:00:17 -0800 (PST)

All,

We are getting ready to fire up our the latest update to our RMAN book. This
book will be for 11g and will contain the *latest* information with respect to
Oracle and RMAN. What I'd like to do is solicit any feedback (private please, I
don't want to load up the list) that you might have on how we can improve this
book, and make it easier for you to use. Also comments about any additional
content that you would like to see, clarifications you would like to see or
errors that you know about.... Some things we are already looking at adding:

1. Scripts for Win and UNIX to wrap around your RMAN operations.
2. Latest functionality updates.
3. A new chapter on the recovery catalog with more details on using it.
4. A completley revamped performance chapter.

Steve, I hope this is not too off topic.... if it is, I appologize in
advance....

Robert

 Robert G. Freeman
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...

The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)