Re: New ASM diskgroups not registered as a service in Grid Infrastructure (SOLUTION)

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pioro1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 20:27:58 +0100

Hi everybody, thank you for your replies. Here comes the solution.
http://www.usn-it.de/index.php/2013/01/07/oracle-asm-error-failed-to-update-diskgroup-resource-ora-data-dg/

"Give your admin-made VIPs at least the ACL rights “-u user:oracle:r-x”
to enable ASM hooking its resources into grid infrastructure. Definitely
not documented, and thus, maybe nice to know."

Took me a few days to find out this not very obvious fact, but it was
worth the effort. :)

Thansk again and best regards
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de