Network errors: Oracle TNS - Error: Return status 4

  • From: Lou Avrami <avramil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:35:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I thought I would throw this one out here.

OS:    HP-UX 11.11
RDMBS: 9.2.0.6
App:   JD Edwards

Hello all,

A network engineer in my group has informed me that there is a high packet
failure rate for the network traffic between the servers of a particular
application, JD Edwards. Here is an example error message from his tool:

Oracle TNS - Error: Return status 4

I've checked the SQLNET logs on the database server and there doesn't appear to
be any errors there. The logs on the application servers also don't seem to
have any Oracle connectivity errors.

Does anyone have any hints as to what should be investigated?

Thanks,
Lou Avrami