RE: Netapp snapshot backups for RAC

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 01:46:02 -0500

Hi Matt,
My intention is to reduce the use of Oracle resources, I understand the io
limitations.
I will investigate SnapManager.
Thanks for cautioning on exposing the snapshotted LUNS on the same host.
This environment is currently running Oracle 10.2, I didn't think DNFS existed
in 10g? I know it is available in 11g.
If you have seen DNFS in action, could you share some of your experiences?

Thanks again
-Upendra

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2