Re: Needs help in configuring 3 node Standby Database

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 07:12:07 -0700

On 27/01/2014 5:36 AM, Sandip Mukhopadhyay wrote:
I have 2 nodes Dataguard Configuration (Physical Standby) in Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 on Oracle Linux 5.8. Now I am planning to add a third node physical standby to this configuration. I have already installed Oracle Software in 3 rd. node. I am finding it difficult to follow the next steps to get the desired configuration.

Describe, in more detail, what you are trying to accomplish.

Basically, you can have

1) primary->2x standby
2) primary -> standby -> standby

By describing in detail (with many words) you will write out the spec of what you need, and (esp w/ Oracle standby) it is usually a small jump to get to the implementation if you truly understand Oracle's standby mechanism.