RE: Needed for next oracle version: alter database add control_files

  • From: Mayen Shah <mshah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx" <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>, "LDO@xxxxxx" <LDO@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:53:30 +0000

This certainly can be helpful feature and already has been requested in past,
but may be worth trying again.

Adding/dropping logfile group/member is done on “INACTIVE” group, so no process
is accessing logfile. I don’t know how this could be possible for controlfile
maintenance (add/drop) because controlfile(s) should be available for
read/write all the time.

- Mayen