RE: Need some 10053 Guidance to help me solve a puzzler

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:16:45 -0500

Clustering factor for the index I used in the hint:

  Index: MAPY_CALC_SVC_PERF1  Col#: 2
    LVLS: 2  #LB: 71350  #DK: 9820620  LB/K: 1.00  DB/K: 1.00  CLUF: 11728286.00

Mark - I think Jonathan hinted at what you're saying about the clustering
factor but I'm "new" to this detailed analysis using 10053 so I'm behind you
guys in regard to how clustering factors, NDVs, random fetches, et.al all
play/fit together.  I'm trying to come up to speed on it now - hence this
thread.

Yes, the stats are cascaded.

I'm interested in hearing any thoughts you guys have - learning a lot from this.

Chris