Re: NTP on linux box was ahead of 5 hrs

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:47:26 +0000

You likely need to understand how the application works and what you are
worried about. This doesn't have a general answer.

Making the simplified assumption that everyone is in the same timezone as
the database server you still need to distinguish between code such as

"insert into time_tab(cdate) values(:dt)" and "insert into time_tab(cdate)
values(sysdate)" and "insert into time_tab(cdate) values('string from
appserver')"

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info