Re: NFS on a 10g RAC cluster

  • From: "Pedro Espinoza" <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx, Oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:17:44 -0500

There is a problem with nfs server on cluster, unless the filesystem
is a clustered file system--like gnbd+gfs on linux.

Think of this scenario: you export /mnt/fs1 from serverA. In the event
of failover, you want to export that file system from Server B. To do
this, server B should be connected to the same storage; in the event
of failover, one should import dg, then start the volume, then mount
that /dev/vx/dsk on /mnt/fs1, then export that file system. In the
process, you need to up a virtual interface with serverA on serverB.
These are the quirks you need to work out.