NFS on a 10g RAC cluster

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:16:38 -0500

I have a need to host a NFS server, and my internal customer wants to
use their AIX 10g RAC cluster for this.  Currently this cluster uses ASM
to SAN for db storage, and some SAN storage connected as local
filesystem (JFS2) drives.

I am not NFS savvy at all.  Is there a way to configure the RAC servers
to host the NFS mounts, and have them failover (automatic or manual) to
the other server? We are trying to make the NFS hosting as robust as
possible.  We also do not have GPFS (IBM's clustering file system).  If
this was Linux, we could possibly use OCFS2 and mount that, but as far
as sharing via NFS and failover I don't know if that would work.

Any suggestions ?