Re: Mythical space savings of IOTs

  • From: Steve Rospo <Steve.Rospo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Coulam <bcoulam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

My guess: it's the index leaf splitting causing sparse leaves.  I consider
myself the world wide expert on just this one tiny little corner of Oracle
functionality. :-)

Try your unpartitioned test again then do a MOVE on the table.  My guess
is that you'll see the IOT shrink considerably.  The whys and wherefores
will have to wait until Monday since I should have left the office 4.5
minutes ago.

S-

--
Stephen Rospo        Principal Software Architect
Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel)

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this
message and any attachments. Thank you.