RE: MySQL to Oracle Migration

  • From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alex.nunes.xmn@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:04:07 -0800 (PST)

One advantage of using SQL Developer, other than it being free, is that when
you migrate your objects, it creates a data model first. If a column or table
name is changed based on an incompatible identifier - maybe it's too long or
contains a keyword - that propagates to the rest of the model.

There are many other advantages...

25gb you could probably get away with doing an online migration, but I'd do the
offline one. It will unload your data to SQL*Loader files that you can upload
at your convenience to your new Oracle schema.

Oracle Workbench Migration is deprecated - all that it WAS, is now SQL
Developer. Unless you're moving Informix.

Jeff