RE: My Support

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

> So, does anyone know how to access the HTML (non-flash) version
> of My Oracle Support?  Is it really just the same as the "Classic
> Metalink", or is it something new that's not available yet?

I think it's the same as the Classic Metalink. If you view source on
the Metalink login page, you'll see this HTML code:

So the internal name for the Classic Metalink is "htmlChoice". That's
close to the name "HTML version".

> *Very* frustrating. I do, however, like the ability to easily
> refine searches and narrow results based on type of document,
> etc.

The Flash version is also frustrating in terms of computing resources.
Just run Task Manager and watch firefox.exe or IEXPLORE.EXE. After you
login, when you're on any of the first few tabs, CPU and memory usage
is high, even if you don't do anything.

The ability to refine searches and search results is available in
Classic Metalink too. The Advanced Search allows you to specify any or
all keywords, plus other choices.

Yong Huang