RE: Multiple Listener

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:17:15 -0500

I agree with Wolfgang.  One listener for the server.  The comment about
Oracle Home maintenance is weak.  We do maintenance on an Oracle home so
infrequently, that this is not an issue.  And you can always start up
another listener from the other home temporarily if you need to.
Running three listeners is a waste of processing and memory (unless you
have a specific business need to do so).

I run the most recent Oracle Home listener on the server that I can.  So
in your case, use the 10.2 listener.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.