Multiple Dataguard

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

I am working on a project where I will need 3 Dataguard Environment of which 2
will be Physical and 3rd will be Logincal Standby and all are in 11g on Linux.
Does anyone experienced any issue or have any list of precaution. Here are few
details

        1. Primary 3-Node RAC
        2. 1st Dataguard (Physical)will be 2-Node RAC - Will be used frequently
for deploying Application Releases with switchover/Failover based on Releases
Results
        3. 2nd Dataguard (Physical) will be Non-RAC or I will create Single
Node RAC - Will be used for Actual DR at geographical Different Location
        4. 3rd Dataguard (Logical) will also be Non-RAC - Will be used for
Reporting Purpose
Step 1 and Step 2 will be in the same building and as the Application will have
several Releases like Oracle Apps ( It is internal application) and so business
will stop the Log shipping for some hours until Release is deployed and teseted
in Primary. If the Release failed, it will do the failover on 1st Dataguard(RAC
one) and will start the production. At this moment Primary can be made Standby
using Flashback Dataguard feature.

Step 3 Dataguard will need Advice like if it should get all Logs from Step 1 or
Step2 during the configuration and similar is the case with Step 4.

Any document/reference/Tip/Guidance will be appreciated.

TIA
Sanjay