Re: Multiple DBs on One RAC - Adding New Nodes and Different Storage

  • From: Paresh Yadav <yparesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:31:52 -0500

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Never worked with or heard of the scenario you have described. AFAIK (from
what I understand about RAC) this is not possible, at least not in Oracle
database version 11g. All instances for the given database needs to have
access to all tablespaces/datafiles etc. May be it is possible to do so in
12c with pluggable database architecture.

Thanks
Paresh
416-688-1003